Okay, so I started applying for internships around October. I'm looking for one in the summer. I figured I'd get a head start, but but all that has done for me is give me more time to question what I'm doing!
I'm going to summarize my internship application process thus far and then keep everyone updated on what happens in the future.
I go to Ball State University. I'm majoring in Organizational Communications and minoring in Telecommunications. I have a good gpa and a great resume (keeping in mind I'm still in college). I've worked on a feature film, produced the school's movie channel, and help produce the school's news show that serves the entire county.
So, I've applied to several internships and had a great response thus far. I've been offered an internship doing promotions/pr/marketing at a radio station in Indianapolis, it doesn't pay but it offers school credit. I have a phone interview for a huge communications company in Indianapolis tomorrow. It's a paid internship. I have an interview for a huge reputable talent agency in Chicago that I'm really excited about. I've wanted this internship since I first saw it, it's not a paid internship but I think this would be a great way to get my foot in the door of this industry. The interview is in May, so I'll let you know how it goes. Also, I applied to the Travel Channel for a pr internship. They called me in November, but they were calling for a spring internship. They asked if they could save my resume and give me a call back in March or April. I said "of course". This offers school credit and hourly pay. The pay is pretty high considering they don't have to pay you at all, so I figure it would be great experience. I don't think they are going to pay as much as they do for you to get coffee.
I don't mind being a gopher at all. I'll get the coffee and take out the trash, but I don't want that to be all that I do. I want to get some good experience in an industry that is hard to break into. I want to really learn different aspects of this field so that I can discover if this is the route I want to go.
I'll keep you posted on opportunities I've been given and which I accept and how that goes.
Keep your heads up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment